Send us a note!
- Return Policy
Is the item you received not what you expected? Whatever the reason, we will assist you in resolving the issue with the highest level of customer service. (Note: If your item was damaged or defective, see our Damage Policy section below.) Most products can be returned within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or a refund of the purchase price excluding our shipping and handling costs (and sometimes restocking fees depending on the manufacturer). Some of our products are offered with free shipping, so please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual outbound AND RETURN shipping costs can still be deducted from your return refund. Many of our items are either very limited items or custom made, and some vendors will not consider an unconditional return / refund. However, My Urban Child will work with all of our vendors to obtain the most favorable return experience if necessary.
If a product arrives damaged, or we made an error, and it cannot be remedied with replacement parts we will pay to return the item to us and send a replacement to you.
Please keep in mind that once an order has been shipped, it cannot be cancelled. If you refuse an order, it will then fall under our standard return policy. You may return most purchases within 30 days of receipt.
To return an item using our Standard Return Policy:
- Please email email@example.com and include your original order number, what product(s) you are returning, and your name. Or call us at (888) 272-9820. After processing your request, we will email you a RMA number and a return shipping address. Returns will not be accepted without a RMA number.
- Wrap the package carefully. All returned products must be in original condition and packaging; otherwise, additional charges may be applied.
- Return the product using your preferred shipping method to the address you are provided. This may be our main office or to a distribution center.
- Save your return tracking number, and if possible, email it to us so that we can track the return. It is important that you save the tracking number and that you insure the return package in case there are any issues during transit.
- Please Note: Unless the return or exchange is due to an error on our part, we cannot always refund shipping and handling. We will issue a credit to the credit card used for the original purchase.
All returned products must be in original condition and packaging; otherwise, additional charges may be applied. Unfortunately, we cannot take returns of products that have been assembled or modified. Additionally, certain products cannot be returned because neither we nor our suppliers can take them back. If you have any questions about whether a product can be returned, we urge you to contact us at customerservice@MyUrbanChild.com before placing your order, so we can directly contact the vendor first, and get their policy.
What If My Order Arrives Damaged?
Our products are well-packaged to withstand damage during shipping. We double-box many items, and refuse to carry products that are easily damaged during shipping. If an item looks damaged or parts are missing, please notify us. We will make every effort to help you obtain the necessary replacements as quickly as possible at no extra cost to you. If your order is shipping by Truck Freight, or White Glove, please note the important instructions below.
If Shipped via Truck Freight or White Glove
- Even if the package appears only slightly damaged, write "Package Damaged" when you sign for delivery. This is VERY important. If the package looks significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery of the package. The damaged package will be returned to us and we will send you a new one. If you refuse delivery, please notify us so that we can expect the return shipment.
- If you have already accepted the package and find that parts are missing or damaged, please contact us right away and we will ship you the replacement parts free of charge. Speed matters since most carriers only let us file freight claims within 48 hours of delivery. If we cannot replace the parts, we will have the carrier pick up the package and we will send you a replacement. All returned products should be in the original packaging.
Our goal is to make buying online easy, safe and efficient. If your item is problematic due to a manufacturer's defect, we can either replace the defective part, or if necessary, the entire unit. We stand behind our products and maintain great relationships with the manufacturers who produce them. If you are having an issue, please contact us and we will make every effort to resolve it for you.