Send us a note!
You’ve heard of organic vegetables and organic milk, but what on earth is an organic mattress? Is it really healthier? Well, quite simply, yes. Organic vegetables are healthier because they do not have chemical pesticide residues. Organic milk is healthier because it comes from cows that are not given artificial chemical hormones. Likewise, organic crib mattresses do not have all the chemicals that regular crib mattresses have. Organic mattresses are made with organic and non-toxic materials instead of conventional and chemically questionable materials. But that’s just the beginning. A typical crib mattress is made with many chemicals that have been linked to childhood health problems. Fire retardants, plasticizers, and other chemicals are in the foam and vinyl cover of a crib mattress. Parents and physicians are recommending organic crib mattresses as a way to avoid unnecessary exposure to these chemicals.
Organic crib mattresses, like all other certified products made with organic fiber and textiles, are certified under the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). The largest U.S. GOTS approved certifier is Oregon Tilth Certified Organic (OTCO). In particular, the GOTS standard requires that all fiber and fabrics, with limited exceptions, must be made from certified materials that meet the National Organic Program (NOP) standard and are processed in accordance with the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). All other components (such as innersprings, fire protection, etc.) must meet stringent non-toxic standards. Naturepedic is an OTCO certified organic processor of fiber and textiles and is certified to manufacture organic mattresses.
- Luxuriously quilted organic cotton bottom cover for a more mature mattress surface resembling a conventional adult mattress.
- Crib mattress made with organic cotton promotes a healthy and more chemical-free sleeping environment.
- Heavy-duty 252 coil orthopedic innerspring with center support and firm flat surface provide ideal support in accordance with pediatrician and Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) firmness recommendations.
- No Wool or Latex - No need to worry about these potentially high allergy materials.
- Cotton does not burst into flames or release deadly fumes when ignited (as compared with polyurethane foam.
- Also fits toddler bed.
- Who: Manufactured by Naturepedic Mattress
- Dimensions (inches) : 28' x 52' x 6"
- Material : Organic Cotton.
- See all Crib Mattresses
Availability: Typically ships within 3-5 Business Days.